Revenge][Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revenge][Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenoska

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-28

The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:50 am

Danke Siths...

Have you looked at the new KOTOR MMO? I saw it on mmorpg.com
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:05 am

Ya I did , it looks pretty sweet Smile

Hey if you get a chance check out this game :

http://www.playrohan.com/
Back to top Go down
https://revenge.darkbb.com
Xenoska

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Yep, i've played it.
Right before i left for the army actually.
That's the one where you can teleport to the person that pked you right?
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Yuppers !

I only started a few days ago ,

I have a lvl 10 Dark Elf & Dragon Warrior type .

I think it has promise Smile

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xenoska

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Definitly. Cause that's what i used!
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:17 am

I started a Dhan , got it to lvl 11 , not bad so far Smile
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:54 pm

To get back on topic!

The Old Republic Online might just succeed where SWG failed Shocked,.... or follow into the same Abyss, i honestly don't know :p

Looks good so far tho, not too sure i like the art-style but i might get used to it. Suspect
Really worried that Bioware could mess it up tho. Not been too impressed with their latest work. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

PostSubject: The Republic Trooper revealed !!   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:00 am

From massive blaster rifles to state-of-the-art armor, creating the Republic Trooper took hard work and dedication from The Old Republic team. In the latest Developer Dispatch, we recount the making of this heroic defender of the Republic; from design to story, concept, and animation.

The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO DD003_20090629_535x300
Back to top Go down
RabbitFly

RabbitFly

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:42 am

I think the big problem is wether or not Bioware can make an MMO.

No disrespect to Bioware, as they are some of the best RPG developers around, but they have some very crucial flaws when it comes to MMO aspects.

The first thing I am concered about is that they have never created a good character building system. All their games is slightly based of DnD and that is a system that in my opinion doesn't lend itself well to games.

Second thing and this is very important, items. I don't know too much about the item systems in Baldur's Gate and sequals, but if you look at kotor and up you will see that they flood the game with generic items that go up by tier and then have 1 or 2 unique items, Mass effect is maybe the worst in this aspect. It's a make or break thing, as an MMO cannot survive without cool items, with lots of unique feel items etc.

Can they make a storycentered MMO? Is it possible without making the game a Singleplayer game where you have to interact with other people to do certain things. That can be a good thing too though, as I belive it's a big part of the success of wow, being able to lvl from 1-80 solo and then you can start interacting with the community, or then you can start over. Lets not forget that 90% of the wow community spends their time casually leveling new characters. So as I said it can be a good thing too, question is will I like it? I don't know
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 am

Late i know, but i've been lazy and had a lot to do, but here is the cinematic from E3: !CLICKY!

and here is some fun:

The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO Lite20090602
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

PostSubject: LOL !!!!   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Morfin wrote:
Late i know, but i've been lazy and had a lot to do, but here is the cinematic from E3: !CLICKY!

and here is some fun:

The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO Lite20090602

ROFL !! Very Nice toon lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO   The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO Empty

Back to top Go down

The Old Republic - New Upcoming MMO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revenge][Community :: Rev]e[nge Discussions :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: