Revenge][Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revenge][Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official "What are you reading?" Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

The Official "What are you reading?" Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official "What are you reading?" Thread   The Official "What are you reading?" Thread EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Yes some of us do read. Razz Lets hear it! What are your noses buried in when your not gaming or spending all your time on these awesome boards (oh you better be Evil or Very Mad )?

Personally I am currently reading;
"The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla"
The Official "What are you reading?" Thread N47665

I am about half way into it, pretty awesome so far, loved the 4 previous books as well.

For those that know nothing about the Dark Tower series I'll quote Wikipedia:

Quote :
The Dark Tower is a series of seven books written by American author Stephen King between 1970 and 2004. The series incorporates themes from multiple genres, including fantasy fiction, science fantasy, horror and western elements. They describe a gunslinger's quest toward a tower whose nature the books call both physical and metaphorical. King has described the series as his magnum opus. Besides the seven novels that compose the series proper, many of his other books relate to the story, introducing concepts and characters that come into play as the series progresses.

The series was chiefly inspired by the poem "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" by Robert Browning, whose full text was included in the final volume's appendix. In the preface to the revised 2003 edition of The Gunslinger, King also identifies The Lord of the Rings, the Arthurian Legend, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly as inspirations. He identifies Clint Eastwood's "Man with No Name" character as one of the major inspirations for the protagonist, Roland Deschain. King's style of location names in the series, such as Mid-World, and his development of a unique language abstract to our own, are also influenced by J. R. R. Tolkien's work.

In the story, Roland is the last living member of a knightly order known as gunslingers and the last of the line of "Arthur Eld," his world's analogue of King Arthur. The world he lives in is quite different from our own, yet it bears striking similarities to it. Politically organized along the lines of a feudal society, it shares technological and social characteristics with the American Old West but is also magical. While the magical aspects are largely gone from Mid-World, some vestiges of them remain, along with the relics of a highly advanced, but long vanished, society. Roland's quest is to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be the nexus of all universes. Roland's world is said to have "moved on", and indeed it appears to be coming apart at the seams — mighty nations have been torn apart by war, entire cities and regions vanish without a trace and time does not flow in an orderly fashion. Even the Sun sometimes rises in the north and sets in the east. As the series opens, Roland's motives, goals and age are unclear, though later installments shed light on these mysteries.

NNow what are YOU reading? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official "What are you reading?" Thread   The Official "What are you reading?" Thread EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

The Official "What are you reading?" Thread Huntersblades2

I'm reading the 2nd book in the series .... The Lone Drow

It's fast & keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what's gonna happen next !
Back to top Go down
https://revenge.darkbb.com
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official "What are you reading?" Thread   The Official "What are you reading?" Thread EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Sithspawn wrote:
The Official "What are you reading?" Thread Huntersblades2

I'm reading the 2nd book in the series .... The Lone Drow

It's fast & keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what's gonna happen next !
Have you read all the other Drizzt books as well? 'Cause the story of Drizzt Do'Urden doesn't start in the The Hunter's Blades Trilogy.

The Lone Drow is only the 2nd book of The Hunter's Blades Trilogy, while The Lone Drow is also the 16th book about the life of Drizzt Do'Urden. The Hunter's Blades Trilogy is the 5th series.
Back to top Go down
glycerine.ix

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The Official "What are you reading?" Thread   The Official "What are you reading?" Thread EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:49 pm

I still haven't got around to reading The Hunter's Blades Trilogy. Sounds like I need to get around to it though, theres a copy
of the Trilogy sitting on the table in my room, just staring at me making me feel guilty for not making time to read it =P

I just got done with Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. It was really great, a story about a completely independant man and his struggles to make it in a world filled with "second-handers."
Ayn Rand incorporated a ton of her own philosophy, objectivism, into that book, but it wasn't too presumtuous imo.

I've read a couple of her other novels, We the Living and Anthem and both were good, though I didn't like We the Living as much...honestly it was pretty dull. Rand's style of writing is nice though, it's very clear and precise, she definitely gets her point across.
Back to top Go down
Protofr3ak

Protofr3ak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official "What are you reading?" Thread   The Official "What are you reading?" Thread EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:40 am

My fav trilogy: The Pit Dragon Chronicles , have yet to read the third book, simply because my middle school didnt have it back then. but now im gonna buy the set pretty soon. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official "What are you reading?" Thread   The Official "What are you reading?" Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official "What are you reading?" Thread
Page 1 of 1