Revenge][Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revenge][Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :) Empty
PostSubject: Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)   Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am

Easy, name the movie and if you want, why you don't like it/find it overrated. jocolor

Anything with John Wayne in it, i just don't see it. Haven't seen many that many of his [insert renadom high number here] movies, but honestly don't see the greatness in this man. Sleep

Braveheart, not a bad movie, just not that great either. With all the historical inaccuracies, the lack of polish, and the unimpressive cinematography and choreography i just doesn't live up to the hype.

Titanic, only decent the first time, when you're not paying attention to detail. See it again and it just falls downhill.

Million Dollar Baby, overrated. Again a good movie, but how this overshadows Mystic River i will never understand. scratch It seems to get a lot of respect due to standard Hollywood politics. Yet Mystic River had MUCH better acting and characters, deeper story and better storytelling.

The Shawshank Redemption, like it, a lot. Just don't concider it the best movie in the world like most people who see it. Razz
Back to top Go down
glycerine.ix

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)   Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Morfin wrote:
Braveheart, not a bad movie, just not that great either. With all the historical inaccuracies, the lack of polish, and the unimpressive cinematography and choreography i just doesn't live up to the hype.

Titanic, only decent the first time, when you're not paying attention to detail. See it again and it just falls downhill.

Agreed! Braveheart was enjoyable, especially as one of those rainy-day movies you watch to kill time...a lot of time...but not as great as people have made it out to be.
I just wasn't impressed with Titanic, but thats probably because I harbour a ridiculously deep-seated grudge aginst Leonardo DiCaprio.

Lonesome Dove. Hours and hours of mediocrity and Robert Duvall. Why? Why not just watch any other western movie and get the same depressed feeling?

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. Heartwarming though it may be, I really didn't enjoy it and I really don't understand why it's one of those must-see films of all time.
I didn't see much that was really special about it, granted, I only watched it once and perhaps I missed something I was supposed to catch on to.

The Sound of Music. Perhaps only a classic because of the catchiness of the songs? Do, a deer...
Back to top Go down
d3kay

d3kay

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)   Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Blade Runner of all movies, i can understand it looked neat at the time because of the futuristic photography/soundtrack etc but seeing it the first time in 2008 i feel asleep twice :\

Citizen Kane is great but also pretty far from the greatest movie of all time as dubbed by some
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)   Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :) EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 am

glycerine.ix wrote:

I just wasn't impressed with Titanic, but thats probably because I harbour a ridiculously deep-seated grudge aginst Leonardo DiCaprio.
Whats wrong with DiCaprio? scratch Granted he used to be the dream of every horny 14 year old girl out there, but he has done quite a lot of great shit since his early days, no? Suspect

I personally started to really like him in The Beach, after that he's done quite a lot of good movies. Should also be said that if you look past the shitty image he had in the early days he has quite a resume now.
Worth seeing: This Boy's Life (1993), The Basketball Diaries (1995), The Man in the Iron Mask (1998), The Beach (2000), Gangs of New York (2002), Catch Me If You Can (2002), The Aviator (2004), The Departed (2006), Blood Diamond (2006) and Body of Lies (2008).

None of these movies have the "Titanic-Leo" in em, and most of them are actually REALLY good acting preformances, especially The Beach, Catch Me If You Can and The Aviator. How can you not like em? Sad

glycerine.ix wrote:

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. Heartwarming though it may be, I really didn't enjoy it and I really don't understand why it's one of those must-see films of all time.
I didn't see much that was really special about it, granted, I only watched it once and perhaps I missed something I was supposed to catch on to.
I guess i agree here, always though it was a decent-good movie. However the hype is a little over the top.

glycerine.ix wrote:

The Sound of Music. Perhaps only a classic because of the catchiness of the songs? Do, a deer...
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)   Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic and Great movies... That you find overrated! :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revenge][Community :: Rev]e[nge Discussions :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: