Revenge][Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revenge][Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Empty
PostSubject: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:35 pm

[Warning thread might contain spoilers!]

Went and saw it a few weeks ago.... pretty good movie. As a comicbook fan i thought they messed up a few parts but overall i liked it a lot.
Really sad they messed up Deadpool tho, such an awesome character, should have been done better. Sad

Anyone else seen it yet?

Last edited by Morfin on Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Protofr3ak

Protofr3ak

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:13 pm

watched it yesterday, i liked it alot, im kindof a cheesy action flick fan cyclops , but yea some parts could've been better
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

PostSubject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeh its great for the action, story was good too tho, just missed some parts from the comics =(. Read any Wolverine? or at least Origins? Great comics.
Back to top Go down
RaF

RaF

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Ive seen it as well....and i really liked it, it showed that X-Men (specially comics) is not just about fighting, and i believe this movie reproduced it quite well..

I agree, deadpool was messed up Razz
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

PostSubject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:38 pm

RaF wrote:
Ive seen it as well....and i really liked it, it showed that X-Men (specially comics) is not just about fighting, and i believe this movie reproduced it quite well..

very true, i always felt the story telling in the earlier X-Men movies never did the comics any justice... tho i wouldn't say this movie replicated the comics perfectly, at least they did the story telling better... Tho i wish they would have used more time on Wolverine's ancient history, rather than skip right to the memory loss.
Back to top Go down
RabbitFly

RabbitFly

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:19 am

A lot of spoilers warning!

X-men Origins Wolverine. I would say it's a mixed bag.

First off I have to say that I am a huge Deadpool fan, he is probably my favorite character of all time, so seeing as they messed him up didn't sit too well with me. I had read some spoilers and I was prepared however so it's not like I felt cheated when I watched the movie. Also the great thing about Deadpool is that he doesn't even take himself seriously. Deadpool is one of the few comics where you are totally allowed to fuck up, it can always be a part of his at times very confusing mythos. Wade not being Wade, Loke being Deadpools Father, Deadpool going crazy cause he breaks the 4th wall and realizes he has no control over his actions. If you have read the first Deadpool monthly this should all ring some bells.

I didn't mind that much that they made Creed/Sabertooth Logan's brother, I don't think it ruins the mythos too much, and it makes sense to some extent because they are so similar. I do prefer them being brothers to Sabertooth being Logan's father, which has been done in the comics.

Anyways back to the movie. What I enjoyed, I am a sucker for the scenes with "flashy" cinematogrophy, which this movie pulls of very well. Like the over the stairs shot in the intro to the intro. Also I enjoyed the intro a lot, the wars and all that stuff really gave me a good feel. I am a little sad that it went from that straight into the "team X" storyline, as I felt that was a bit rushed, and that the intro alone didn't do the relationship they wanted to create between Logan and Creed justice. But at the top of the cinematogrophy list is the scene where Wolverine jumps out of the ademantium bonding tub, roaring, flexing all his muscles, and just looking mean as hell. I can watch that over and over I am sure , and no the scene right after where you see Hugh Jackman's butt is not why!

Storywise I think it did ok. The leadup with team x was a bit short, and was really just there to show of the fighting prowess of the rest of the characters from the team. The part with Silverfox I think was done pretty good, not a big fan of the set up they did with the moon and the trickster, the little fairytale had better impact before the ending when it comes up again, at least in my opinion. Then we have the bonding process, which is decent, he did maybe get out of the facility a bit too easy, but they make that up in a big way with the next action scene. First however we have the old couple. I think they did manage to do a good job of trying to make you care for them, but considering it all happens within 2 days it didn't really work all that well. I still think they did a better job than most rushed with license movies these days, eragon comes to mind.

Then starts the Revenge part of the movie and this is in my opinion where it starts going downhill. Not a very steep hill, but a hill none the less. First of Will I Am should never be put in a movie, and creating a character especially for him is just dumb. The fight with blob was ok, kinda funny I guess, Gambit was both yay and nay. He is the one character that they really put in there for no other reason than fan service, and although they did a good job with dressing him, with effects and with casting. They clearly didn't give the dialouge enough thought nor Taylor Kitsch enough time or resources to prepare for the role. After this everything becomes rushed. We are rushed through the island facility, and we get "boss fight upon boss fight". Honestly I think the whole The Dead Pool was rather pointless, he didn't really need to be there, the fight kinda felt plastered on after the fight between logan and creed (although the best of those fights are probably the first one in the bar). Teleporting fighting is something they always make look cool however, and I have to agree that it was pretty cool to watch just for that, but it has to be mentioned that they made the merc with a mouth with his mouth sewn shut? Just to make this small joke about stryker shutting him up? Now thats taking it a bit far.

Then comes the oh shit we forgot to make Wolverine forget all of this, what can we write up in 5 minutes and put on tape? The adamentium bullet that wipes memory is to some extent part of the comic mythos, as it has happend before. However the fact that Stryker knows this beyond doubt and that they choose this over something else I don't understand. Silverfox dying a second time also didn't have much impact on me, the fact that she didn't die the first time was better, and I think they should have gone further with that instead. And then the end scene with Gambit and Logan felt out of place, a gambit that to me was out of character, and overall it was pretty pointless, they could have ended it with him just being shot.

Ok I have to try to wrap this up. I think overall it's a pretty decent action flick, it has what I would consider great action scenes with flashy cinematogrophy, which is something I think is a must in any good action flick, and an above average storyline for such a movie. What they should have done however is spend a slight bit more time on the side characters, doing fan service is one thing, but writing up 3 new characters that no one cares about so that the fan service is 3-4 scenes. I mean Deadpool has what 2 lines in the entire movie? And I think they should have spent more time on the Origin story to create a better bond between Creed and Logan.

In the end it's a movie I will probably invest in and buy on a blu-ray Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine   X-Men Origins: Wolverine Empty

Back to top Go down

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revenge][Community :: Rev]e[nge Discussions :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: