Revenge][Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revenge][Community

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Terminator Salvation

Go down 
+2
RaF
Morfin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Morfin

Morfin

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Terminator Salvation Empty
PostSubject: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Really looking forward to this! It opens up next week here in Norway and i think it looks really good. Anyone had the luxury of seeing it yet?

Always thought the two first movies were really awesome. Third i found to be horribly dissapointing, tho im glad the story of John Connor continued i thought they made a big mistake of casting Nick Stahl as Connor in the third when Edward Furlong did such an excellent job in the second movie, and would have been old enough to play him again in the third. On the other hand if Furlong had played in the third than maybe we wouldn't have gotten Christian Bale for the fouth? Suspect

Anyway it looks awesome and im definitly gonna go see it when it gets here, hopefully McG has learned from Mostow's faults in Rise of the Machines. Razz

Trailers Link
Back to top Go down
RaF

RaF

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:41 pm

I'd say that i also do not live in the "core worlds", so that means it didnt arrive here yet as well.

I particularly love Terminator Series, but Arnold being left out was quite a disapointment. I also didnt understand the story preety well....is John Connor in an alternative future? I mean, what about the proper future that was held after Terminator 3?

Regarding the games, dont buy it lol....i have seen some reviews from GameSpot, and it said the game is just, mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Not sure about that, haven't read up too much about the story myself as i am sick scared of spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Protofr3ak

Protofr3ak

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:57 pm

its here for meee, but i have yet to see it Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sithspawn
Admin

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:52 pm

I'm hoping to see it sometime this weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
https://revenge.darkbb.com
RabbitFly

RabbitFly

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:28 am

RaF wrote:
I'd say that i also do not live in the "core worlds", so that means it didnt arrive here yet as well.

I particularly love Terminator Series, but Arnold being left out was quite a disapointment. I also didnt understand the story preety well....is John Connor in an alternative future? I mean, what about the proper future that was held after Terminator 3?

Regarding the games, dont buy it lol....i have seen some reviews from GameSpot, and it said the game is just, mediocre.

Just a small note. In every Terminator movie the future changes, this is nothing new. The story of the movie in question always changes the future to some extent. Like how they never manage to stop the machines, they just manage to change how the machines get created. As we know the first movie created a time and space paradox for that very scenario.

Anyways I wont go on and on about this, I have written 2 posts here so far and the other 2 posts are like 2 pages each.
Back to top Go down
Protofr3ak

Protofr3ak

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Freaking Awesome!   Terminator Salvation EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:10 am

jus saw the movie today! twas brilliant! loved every moment Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
medsin

medsin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:31 am

I saw the movie last week sometime on friday forgot when exactly. I found it very good very entertaining but not an amazing top 20 list movie. Doesn't tickle my weird high taste in movies Razz
Back to top Go down
RaF

RaF

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:33 pm

RabbitFly wrote:
RaF wrote:

Just a small note. In every Terminator movie the future changes, this is nothing new. The story of the movie in question always changes the future to some extent. Like how they never manage to stop the machines, they just manage to change how the machines get created. As we know the first movie created a time and space paradox for that very scenario.

Anyways I wont go on and on about this, I have written 2 posts here so far and the other 2 posts are like 2 pages each.

U got a point there lol
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Still need to see this freaking movie, might just look up some tickets for this week.

Anyone seen it yet? Any good?
Back to top Go down
Morfin

Morfin

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Finally saw this yesterday! cheers

Awesome film in my opinion, i left the theater feeling a sense of relief and all i could think of for the next 20 minutes was how the movie totally restored my faith in the Terminator series. This movie actually had really few flaws in my opinion.

The casting was pretty much perfect. Everyone did a great job on screen. Christian Bale was an awesome John Connor, really don't think anyone could have pulled it of better. He portrayed a man who had lived through the hell of knowing his destiny and the importance of it from early childhood perfectly. Used to think i'd find it hard to see anyone buy Edward Furlong portray Connor, especially after hating Nick Stahl in the third movie, but Christian Bale aced it. THANK YOU! Smile
Having just seen Star Trek i wasn't so sure about Anton Yelchin as Kyle Reese at first (tho i did like him in Star Trek, Laughing), but after just two scenes i was sold. He might not be Michael Biehn but he does seem like he could look like a young version of Kyle Reese. Kudos to him for that acomplishment and his portrail of a lost young man trying to become part of the Rebellion.
Bryce Dallas Howard played Kate Connor replacing, Claire Danes, didn't really have a problem with Claire Danes in Rise of the Machines, but Bryce did probably make Kate a bit more believable (altho she didn't have that much screentime).
As for Marcus Wright, i was really sceptical at first. Constantly thinking "how are they going to use this character and will it work? Suspect". Took me quite a while to settle on the matter, but i think they probably made him the best "good-terminator" so far. Concidering Arnold has this role in the second and third movie, overstepping that feat might not be so hard in reality, but still Sam Worthington played his Terminator a LOT better. Should also be said that going a whole Terminator movie without any Arnold quotes felt good for a change, even tho they trademark the earlier movies.

Besides the casting the cinematography and effects were also really well done. This movie gave you a great post-apocalyptic feel from start to finish. Desert scenes swamps, ruined cities, it has everything and the camera is always in the right place at the right time.
Soundtrack is awesome, Danny Elfman did an incredible job and i was always sucked in by the music. Also loved how they inserted a little bit of "You Could Be Mine" in the movie, even without making it a cliche repeat. I actually don't think most people will even notice unless they're a Guns N' Roses fan or at least a Terminator fan.

Like i said at the beginning very few flaws in this entire movie. One or two actions bits that might be considered slightly over the top, but nothing that ruins anything and doesn't really affect the experience at all.

I'd rate this 9 out of 10. GO SEE IT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Empty

Back to top Go down

Terminator Salvation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revenge][Community :: Rev]e[nge Discussions :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: